Terms of Service:
The following terms and conditions govern all use of the Retinarisk.com website and all content, services and products available at or through the website, including, but not limited to, the risk calculator and report form. The Website is owned and operated by Risk ehf. The Website is offered subject to your acceptance without modification of all of the terms and conditions contained herein and all other operating rules, policies and procedures that may be published from time to time on this website.
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Retinarisk product. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Risk ehf., acceptance is expressly limited to these terms.
- Retinarisk If you create an account on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and usage, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the outcome from the risk calculator. You must not take any action with the given outcome of the risk calculator that is likely to cause Risk ehf. liability. You must immediately notify Risk ehf. of any unauthorized uses of your account, or any other breaches of security. Risk ehf. will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
Usage – You are responsible for any and all usage under your account.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Risk ehf. has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Risk ehf. sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any account that, in Risk ehf. reasonable opinion, violates any Risk ehf. policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Risk ehf. sole discretion. Risk ehf. will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Payment and Renewal.
- General Terms.
- Payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you sign up and will cover the use of that service for a monthly or annual subscription period as indicated.
- No Automatic Renewal.
You will be notified at the end of your subscription period about renewal options. Your subscription will not be automatically renewed unless you wish it to be so. Subscriptions can be canceled at any time in the account section of your site’s dashboard.
- Other services
- Basic technical support services come with any subscription. These services include any and all issues arising due to normal use of the website and product. These services do not include abnormal use of Retinarisk, such as connecting multiple computers to one account or any sharing of accounts. Risk ehf. assigns itself all rights in determining what services fall under covered subscription services.
- Academic support is available but is not considered as routine service with any subscription. Each case of academic support is negotiated individually with each user or account.
- YOU – usage agreement
- Fees; Payment. By signing up for the Retinarisk You agree to pay Risk ehf. the specified monthly fees in exchange for access to the product. Applicable fees will be invoiced starting from the day your access is established and in advance of using such services. Risk ehf. reserves the right to change the payment terms and fees upon thirty (30) days prior written notice to you. Your access can be canceled by you at anytime on 30 days written notice to Risk ehf.
- Permitted Use. You may use the Retinarisk to aid in your daily clinical practice and to educate yourself and your patients. The outcome can be used to support your clinical decision and is limited by only support.
- Restricted Use. You may not use RetinaRisk as a final decision tool, but only as a decision support tool. The outcome should never be used as the final decision and no liability can be held against Risk ehf. as such.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. Risk ehf. has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of inputs and usage, including report forms, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, Risk ehf. does imply that it endorses the material there posted and that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from Risk ehf. to you any Risk ehf. or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Risk ehf. Risk ehf., Retinarisk, Retinarisk.com the Retinarisk.com logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with Retinarisk.com, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of Risk ehf. or Risk ehf. licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Risk ehf. or third-party trademarks.
- Advertisements. Risk ehf. reserves the right to display advertisements on your account unless you have purchased an Ad-free Upgrade.
- Changes. Risk ehf. reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Risk ehf. may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Termination. Risk ehf. may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your Retinarisk.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. Risk ehf. and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Risk ehf. nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will Risk ehf., or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Risk ehf. under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Risk ehf. shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Risk ehf., its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Risk ehf. and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Risk ehf., or by the posting by Risk ehf. of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of Iceland – Europe, excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state ad federal courts located in Reykjavik – Iceland. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; Risk ehf. may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.